Frequently Asked Questions
Is acupuncture safe?
As long as a competent practitioner performs it, acupuncture is extremely safe. Acupuncturists are required to use disposable needles that are discarded after one use.
How long Does A Treatment Take?
The first treatment is about 90 minutes. Follow up treatments are 60 minutes.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
This varies depending on the condition being treated. Acute problems resolve more quickly, perhaps in 1-4 treatments. Chronic and more complex issues will take more time. We expect to see improvement within 4 treatments and often people feel better after one session.
What Conditions Respond To Acupuncture?
- Digestive disorders
- Chronic pain
- Acute Injury
- Weak immunity
- Menstrual cramps
- Menopausal symptoms
- Stress management
What Sets My Clinic Apart From Other Practitioners?
- I have been treating patients since 1987 and teaching at Five Branches University of TCM since 1994.
I have studied in China and received my Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine [DAOM].
- I am able to rapidly and effectively address stress induced and emotionally rooted symptoms by using Emotional Freedom Techniques alone or in combination with acupuncture.
- I take my time with you.
- I educate you about your TCM diagnosis and what you can do to facilitate your healing.
- All my herbs are certified GMP safe and effective.
- I have a wide range of acupuncture techniques in my repertoire.
- I am available in the evenings and on Saturday.
- When you get acupuncture you get any other adjunct modalities [cupping,massage, moxa etc.] at no extra charge.
Does insurance cover acupuncture?
Many companies now do provide acupuncture coverage. You can call your insurance carrier to find out if acupuncture is covered.